Master of Music Education: Non-Traditional
The master of music education in music (M.M.E.), fifth-year non-traditional program, is designed to prepare students who have completed the following criteria to teach music in the public K-12 setting:
- Hold a bachelor of music degree or its equivalent.
- Passed the Praxis II Exam in Music (0113 or 5113).
- Wish to seek initial Alabama state certification.
Class A teacher certification is granted by the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) upon meeting the Alabama Quality Teaching Standards (AQTS).
The following requirements must be met for entrance into the program:
- Submit a cover letter requesting admission into the Fifth-Year Non-Traditional program.
- Prepare an audition of 15 minutes (minimum) in their principal performance area including a varied literature selection demonstrating the applicant’s abilities.
- A summary of a provided research article demonstrating your writing ability.
- An interview with the music education faculty.