In order to apply for admission to the School of the Arts, undergraduate students must apply to Samford University through the Office of Admission and have declared a major within the School of the Arts. Follow these steps and timeline to ensure that you submit the required materials and meet appropriate deadlines:
- Submit The Common Application or Samford University Application declaring a major within the Division of Music.
- Register for on-site audition.
- Sample Audition Weekend Schedule
- 2019-20 Audition Weekends:
November 1-2, 2019January 31-February 1, 2020February 21-22, 2020
- Submit the Music Application which will appear on your Application Status Page checklist once you have declared a major in the Division of Music. Additional materials required include: an artist and academic resume, headshot, reference letter and writing sample.
Principal instrument audition requirements for admission and scholarship consideration for BM in Performance, BM in Music Education, BM in Music and Worship, BA in Music and BS in Music: