Health and Wellness+
Ensemble Placement Audition Forms+
Auditions for wind, brass, and percussion players, who are enrolled at Samford University, are scheduled for August 27th, beginning at 6 pm on a first-come first-served basis. Auditions are required for membership. Students unable to audition for Orchestra and Wind Ensemble at this time should email Dr. Brian Viliunas, and Dr. Demondrae Thurman to schedule an alternate audition time.
String players should contact Jeff Flaniken to schedule their placement auditions.
Students should use https://imslp.org in order to find the part they are most interested in performing from Tchaikovsky's second symphony finale and Sibelius's second symphony finale.
Repertoire for this audition is provided below. Use the links to download the repertoire required for your primary instrument.
- 3 Credit Approval Form - For students seeking a change of major to performance or students seeking additional studies.
- Music Seminar Request Form
- Piano Proficiency Exam
- Concerto Audition Application Form
- Harpsichord Request Form
- Instrumental Jury Form
- Keyboard Jury Form
- Technique Jury Requirements for Keyboard Majors
- Voice Jury Evaluation
- Recital Preparation Timeline
- School of the Arts Calendar Timeline
- Composition Recital Audition and Approval Record Form
- Instrumental Recital Audition and Approval Record Form
- Keyboard Recital Audition and Approval Record Form
- Voice Recital Audition and Approval Record Form
- Sample Program for Instrumental Recitals
- Sample Program for Keyboard Recitals
- Sample Program for Voice Recitals
- Sample Program Notes for Instrumental Recitals
- Sample Program Notes for Keyboard Recitals
- Sample Program Notes for Voice Recitals