Published on November 10, 2017Samford Hall, dedicated on April 29, 1955, was the first building completed on the Homewood campus. The cornerstone-laying dedication ceremony marked the beginning of great things to come. Listen to Bill Mathis '56 read his account of the event, penned that spring evening back in his dorm room on the soon-to-be "old" East Lake campus.
|Interviewee||Major Harwell G. Davis|
|Repository||Samford University Oral History Collection|
|Collection||University Library, Special Collection and University Archives|