International study is one of Samford’s oldest and most transformative language experiences. Students typically live with local families during their stay, and participate in a variety of cultural enrichment activities outside of the classroom.
- Samford in France students participate in an intensive language and culture program through CEA at the Université Grenoble-Alpes, where over 3,000 students from seventy different nations study each year.
- Samford in Germany students spend 6 weeks in small, individualized classes at Sprachinstitut Treffpunkt in Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage city.
- Samford in Spain students participate in a 5-8 week intensive language and culture program through ISA at their Seville Study Center located in Seville, Spain.
Language Placement Test
Unless students are beginning a new world language at the 101-level that they have never before studied, all undergraduate students at Samford must take a language placement test and follow the language course placement recommendation of the Department of World Languages and Cultures. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for language-specific placement test information and registration procedures.
Language Technology Forum
The Grace Marquéz Language Technology Forum (116 Russell Hall) is the place where language learning and technology come together. It’s also the place where classroom knowledge is put into practice and conversational skills are developed.
What We Have
- 24 laptop computers
- language software installed on computers
- board and card games in different languages
- ROKU with access to international TV
- 10-player buzzer set for adding competition to the learning process
- optical drives for language software and DVDs
- 16 headsets with microphones
- seating for 24
- projection system
- Solstice for wireless access to projection system
- Digital cameras