Stephen Watson received his MFA from the University of Alabama in 2013 and his BA from Williams Baptist College in 2010. Before joining Samford in 2014, Watson taught as an Adjunct Faculty at the University of Alabama and Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa. At Samford, he teaches sculpture, mixed media, and freshman design courses.
As an artist, Watson is known for his floor installations of fragrant herbs and spices. He creates site-specific, ephemeral artworks for contemporary art galleries, public spaces, and churches. He strives to create theologically rich work that is both contemporary and faithful. Recently, Watson has had solo art exhibitions at College of the Ozarks, Ouachita Baptist University, Valdosta State University, Union University, Austin Peay State University, Centenary College, and Hardin-Simmons University.
- Smell & See, Sojourn Gallery, Sojourn Community Church, Louisville, KY
- In Good Faith, Granberry Gallery, Limestone College, Gaffney, SC
- Slapdash & Sacred, Arnold Art Gallery, Shorter University, Rome, GA
- Baptize My Eyes, Vulcan Materials Gallery, Al. School of Fine Arts, Birmingham, AL
- Devout, Clarke Gallery, Kentuck Arts Center, Northport, AL
- OBJECT-IVE, Maddox Gallery, Williams Baptist College, Walnut Ridge, AR