East Lake Campus Marker: John Pittman
Published on November 6, 2017Chartered as Howard College in 1841, Samford survived two fires, the Civil War, a century of financial turmoil and two relocations to become one of the region's top universities. This marker displays the layout of the East Lake campus, the school's home from 1887-1957 and the second of three campus locations. Listen to John C. Pittman '44 recall President Harwell Davis's vision to move from East Lake to Homewood.
|Repository||Samford University Oral History Collection|