Reid Chapel: Myralyn Allgood
Published on November 9, 2017Completed in 1960, Reid Chapel is named in honor of Dr. Avery Hamilton Reid. A 1917 graduate of Howard College and a Baptist minister, Reid served as vice president of Howard College and president of the Alabama Baptist Convention from 1940-1945. His fundraising efforts helped make it possible to move the school from East Lake to Homewood. Reid Chapel is the site of convocations, speeches, lectures and many alumni weddings. Listen to Dr. Myralyn Allgood '61 describe convocation during her years as a student.
|Interviewee||Major Harwell G. Davis|
|Repository||Samford University Oral History Collection|
|Collection||University Library, Special Collection and University Archives|