Published on November 7, 2017F. Page Seibert Stadium opened in 1958 as the new home field for the Samford Bulldogs. The stadium is named for the Daytona Beach, Florida, businessman who donated money for its completion in 1961. Listen to Jack Green '50 read his account of the formation of the Howard College Sportsman Club that paved the way for the reinstatement of football in 1949 after the program was suspended for the duration of World War II.
|Repository||Samford University Oral History Collection|