Tameka Pritchett is a native of Birmingham, AL and a product of Birmingham Public School System. Tameka received an Associate Degree of Nursing from Lawson State Community College and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with honors from Jacksonville State University. Tameka has a passion for mentoring and helping others so she decided to further her education. In May 2014, Tameka received a Master in Science Nursing with a focus of Nurse Educator from Samford University. Afterwards, Tameka wrote a proposal for Congregational Health Ministry for a local church. In May 2016, Tameka received a Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree from Samford University and six months later, she implemented the Proposal of Congregational Health Ministry for Ensley Church of Christ in Birmingham, AL. Tameka has been married to Derrick for 17 years and they have three children. She currently serves as PTA vice president and enjoys helping out in the community.
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Nursing Practice-Admin, Samford University
- Master of Science - Nursing Education, Samford University
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing, Jacksonville State University
- Associates of Applied Science - Nursing, Lawson State Community College
- Critical Care
Awards and Honors
- STTI Induction, 2014
- Honors in Nursing Jacksonville State University, 2011
- Clinical Excellence in Nursing Level II Brookwood Hospital, 2010
Analysis of the Statutory Dental Exclusion Policy of Medicare. Presented at Ida Moffett School of Nursing
- 2016 Proposal for a Congregational Health Ministry in a Church of Christ Congregation.
- 2015 Critical Analysis of the Statutory Dental Exclusion Policy of Medicare.
- 2014 Preparing for the Role of the Preceptor.
- National League for Nursing