Tracy Hanrahan brings years of project coordination experience in a variety of fields to the job of Center for Worship and the Arts Program Manager. Prior to joining the School of the Arts at Samford in 2014, Tracy was part of the music and worship staff at Dawson Memorial Baptist Church in Birmingham. She spent over a decade coordinating preschool and children’s choir programs at both Dawson and St. Andrew Baptist Church in Panama City, Florida with ministry opportunities related to overseeing large teams of volunteers, creating curriculum, planning and directing worship presentations, and organizing local and regional training conferences. Tracy was also a news reporter and radio personality for several years before leaving the paid workforce to devote herself full-time to being a wife and mom.
Educational and Professional Achievements
- Currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Beeson Divinity School
- Samford University Frances Marlin Mann Center Staff Fellow (2020)
- Samford University Worship Leadership Certificate (2017)
- Studied Church Music, Samford University (2003-2005)
- Tuscaloosa Young Businesswoman of the Year (1989)
- Associated Press Student Award (1989)
- BA Communication, University of Alabama (1989)
Tracy’s greatest desire is to follow Jesus and encourage others to do the same. She believes worship and the arts can provide life-changing avenues for individuals and worshiping communities to experience the gracious, merciful, steadfast love of our triune God. She and her husband Tom are blessed with three children, Brooks (Amanda), Ryan, and Emily who are all artists themselves and serve the Lord in their communities as adults.