Samford School of the Arts prepares today’s artist to shape tomorrow’s world by inspiring artistry, promoting scholarship and realizing professionalism, as we serve the community in the spirit of Christ. The success of our students depends on friends who believe in our mission and support the School of the Arts. We invite you to become a part of the Samford Arts family and make an arts education possible for a student today!
Friends of Samford Arts
Begin your journey with Samford Arts as a “friend.” From an honorary gift to an estate pledge, our friends are the thread that keeps our program strong by supporting vital operations and allowing for support of unexpected opportunities throughout the year. A gift of any amount is appreciated.
Select your area of artistic interest or give to the general Friends of Samford Arts fund.
- Friends of Samford Arts
- Friends of Academy of the Arts
- Friends of Athletic Bands
- Friends of Christian Ministry
- Friends of Interior Architecture
- Friends of Music
- Friends of Theatre and Dance
- Friends of Visual Art
- A Cappella Choir Fund
- The Center for Worship and the Arts Fund
A major gift provides naming opportunities for endowed faculty chairs, School of the Arts, Division of Music, Department of Art, Department of Architecture and Interior Design, Department of Christian Ministry and Department of Theatre and Dance. Such gifts would permanently endow funds to attract and retain top professors and enable the School of the Arts to continue and expand high-quality programs in their designated areas.
School of the Arts scholarships provide talented students the opportunity to gain a Samford arts education. Gifts can provide for endowed scholarships, new scholarships, ensemble scholarships, global arts ambassadors fund and the arts in mission fund. With an initial pledge of $25,000 you can establish a names endowed scholarship that changes the lives of Samford arts students for generations to come. A gift of $500,000 can sustain a full endowed scholarship for a deserving students. Young artists with exceptional gifts and limited resources are afforded an opportunity to receive a quality education in a fath envirnment and graduate without the burden of debt from student loans.
Make a gift of any amount in support of current featured scholarships or establish a named endowed scholarship.
- Academy of the Arts Endowed Scholarship
- Arts Heritage Scholarship
- Arts in Missions Annual and Endowed Scholarship
- Betty Sue Shepherd/Betty H. Miller Piano Scholarship Fund
- Claude Rhea Music Scholarship
- Eric Mathis Endowed Organ Scholarship
- George and Golda Koski Scholarship
- Harold Hunt Scholarship
- Jeff and Lori Northrup Annual and Endowed Music Performance Award
- Julie Averett Phillips Dance Rehearsal Studio Renovation, Maintenance and Enhancement
- L. Gene Black A Cappella Choir Scholarship
- Lowell Vann Scholarship
- Milburn Price Scholarship
- Robert B. Hatfield Scholarship for Excellence in Music Ministry
- Trevelyn Grace Campbell Endowed Art Scholarship
The School of the Arts hosts renowned artists and engaging art professionals each year to complement the art curriculum. Loyal sponsors help underwrite the cost of presenting a wide range of productions, recitals, musicals, art gallery shows and artists in residence. Continuing these sponsorships provides performance and showcase opportunities for our students while offering guest artist series that have become an integral part of the School of the Arts experience. Help us continue the tradition of Samford Arts as a cultural leader in the Birmingham arts community.