General Reference & Safe Medication Practices
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- IRB Forms
- Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences by Journal
- Free Books for Doctors Free Full-Text Access (Medical and Pharmacology)
- University of Texas Quick Reference Sources (Major reference works: dictionaries, thesaurus (Roget's), zip codes, college home pages, etc. Very comprehensive)
Guide for Finding Full-Text Journal Articles
The guide below lists the steps for obtaining full-text articles based upon resources available at the Center for Healthcare Innovation and Patient Outcomes Research (CHIPOR), Davis Library and Internet resources. The steps should be accomplished in sequence.
- CHIPOR Holdings. Check CHIPOR journal holdings
- Davis Library Multi-Search To search for a full-text article, select the Multi-Search Tab, then enter a keyword within journal article, eg, within title, abstract, or body; or go to the "Advanced Search" link and enter search terms according to your search field, eg, author, title, abstract, etc. To search for a specific journal title, select the "Journals" tab, enter journal title or words within. Major CHIPOR journals are also listed in the Davis On-line Catalog (WebPAC). For finding full-text journals, an option would be to use the Full Text Journal Finder.
- PubMed Single Citation Matcher
- UK PubMed Central (UKs free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature; some overlap with NIH PubMed Central)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) The request form for obtaining an article via ILL can be accomplished through the Internet to Davis; click here, fill out electronic form and submit it.
- Doctor's Guide to Recently Approved Drugs/Indications (Also medical news, alerts and other news)
- Patient Drug Information from ASHP (Includes OTC drugs)
- PDRHealth Includes drugs and supplements
- Drug Information Portal from the NLM
- RxList for Drug Information (Search capability for drug information at the RxList Website)
- Clinical Pharmacology (Internet)
- Martindale's Virtual Pharmacy Center