Elizabeth W Covington, Pharm.D.
A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Elizabeth Covington has always believed in the Samford University value of service to God, family, one another and the community. Covington’s education and training have led her across the country and the globe, including an internship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and a semester abroad studying music in Arezzo, Italy. She is overjoyed to return to her hometown of Birmingham and join the McWhorter School of Pharmacy family. In her spare time, Covington enjoys Auburn football, baking, spending time with her family and loving on her pets.
Degrees and Certifications
- Pharm. D., Auburn University
- B. S., Chemistry, Furman University
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, DCH Regional Medical Center
Awards and Honors
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE) Gateway to Research Award, 2015-2016
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Research Institute (RI) Futures Award, 2015-2016
- Harrison School of Pharmacy President’s Award, 2016
- Phi Lambda Sigma, 2014
- Rho Chi, 2014
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Alabama Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ALSHP)
- Inpatient internal medicine, infectious disease
- Garza KB, Owensby JK, Braxton Lloyd K, Wood E, Hansen RA. Pilot Study to Test the Effectiveness of Different Financial Incentives to Improve Medication Adherence. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2015;50(1):32-8.