Elizabeth A. Sheaffer,Ph.D., M.B.A., became the associate dean for assessment and accreditation at Samford University's McWhorter School of Pharmacy in March 2016. She previously served as a faculty member for the Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy and as its director of curriculum and assessment. Her diverse work history includes training, assessment, and evaluation positions with the U.S. Department of State, American College of Cardiology, and George Washington University, as well as web development and project management positions for the U.S. Department of State and Shenandoah University. Sheaffer was a military “brat” and lived in Austria, Germany, Maryland, and Virginia during her childhood. She currently resides in Vestavia, Alabama but loves traveling whenever the opportunity arises.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Education, George Mason University
- M.B.A., Shenandoah University
- B.A., English, Virginia Tech
- Graduate Certificate, Higher Education Assessment Specialist, James Madison University
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Curriculum development
- Instructional technology
- Sheaffer EA, Boyd JK, Cropp CD. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy Course Model Redesign for Continuity of Instruction. Chapter in: Handbook of research on updating and innovating health professions education: Post-pandemic perspectives. IGI Global, October 2021.
- Roberts AR, Sheaffer EA, Shadowen JM, McNutt KL, Hudson GR. The relationship of personality and depression in pharmacy students. IJMP. 2021;9(1):19-23.
- Hudson GR, Sheaffer EA, Roberts AR, Shadowen JM, McNutt KL. An analysis of correlations between persistence and personality in Doctor of Pharmacy students. IJMP. 2021;9(1):13-18.
- McNutt KL, Sheaffer EA, Hudson GR, Roberts AR, Shadowen JM. Correlations between Gallup CliftonStrengths and personality in Doctor of Pharmacy students. IJMP. 2021;9(1):7-12.
- Shadowen JM, Sheaffer EA, McNutt KL, Hudson GR, Roberts AR. The relationship of personality and wellness in pharmacy students. IJMP. 2021;9(1):1-6.
- Medina MS, Smith WT, Kolluru S, Sheaffer EA, DiVall M. A review of strategies for designing, administering, and using student ratings of instruction. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019;83(5):7177.