Bruce Waldrop, Ph.D., RPh
When Bruce Waldrop took a job to make some money, he didn’t realize it would lead to a career. “Originally being a hotel and restaurant management major at UAB, I got a job as a pharmacy technician to help pay the bills. I became fascinated with pharmacy and decided to change majors. I applied only to Samford and was fortunate to be admitted to the program. Part-time work as a tutor in my pharmacology course prompted me to consider pharmacy academia,” he said.
In 2003, Waldrop received the opportunity to come back to Samford and teach at McWhorter School of Pharmacy. He has been honored with teacher of the year, most effective lecturer and best lecturer awards for his hard work. “I couldn’t be happier with my Samford education and all the great students that I am able to interact with everyday,” he said.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., pharmaceutical sciences, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
- B.S., pharmacy, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University
- Social and Administrative Sciences
- Cardiovascular pharmacology, signal transduction mechanisms and pharmacy education
Awards and Honors
- Teacher of the Year, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University, 2010
- Most Effective Lecturer, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University, 2008
- Best Lecturer, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University, 2007
- Teacher of the Year, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University, 2006
- Phi Lambda Sigma, National Pharmacy Leadership Society
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy