Crystal Deas is a Georgia native and military spouse with experience in a variety of pharmacy settings. Her experience includes a Ferguson Fellowship with the CDC, a previous primary care faculty appointment and various clinical pharmacy specialist positions within the VA health care system. Her favorite scripture is Psalms 37:4-5, Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Deas feels blessed that the Lord opened the door for her to return to academia as a member of the McWhorter School of Pharmacy faculty, and she is honored to play a role in developing the future of pharmacy.
Degrees and Certifications
- Pharm.D., Xavier University of Louisiana
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Grady Health System
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
Ambulatory care, HIV/AIDS specialty care, geriatrics, long-term care and inpatient general medicine
Awards and Honors
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research (APTR), Certificate of Excellence, 2011
Deas C,McCree DH. Pharmacists and HIV/AIDS prevention: review of the literature.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2010 May-June;50(3):411-5.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists