Angela (Dee) R. Thomason, Pharm.D., BCPS
Degrees and Certifications
- Pharm.D., Samford University
- ASHP Accredited Primary Care Pharmacy Practice Specialty Residency, Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Pharmacy Based Immunization Delivery Trainer, American Pharmaceutical Association
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Physical Assessment in Patient Care Management, Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy
- Internal medicine
- ambulatory care
- adult medicine
Awards and Honors
- Carl Wayne Shaddix Pharmacy Practitioner of Excellence Award, 2006
- White C.W., Thomason A.R., Prince V.(2014). Recurrent venous thromboembolism in a patient with Heterozygous Factor V Leiden Mutation. Hosp Pharm,49,748-751.
Thomason A.R. , Elmore L.K., Naro P.B.(2013) Pharmacy students’ attitudes toward the underserved population: the role of experiential education. Curr Pharm Teach Learn,5,444-449.
Henderson C.D., Broeseker A.E., Berry C.G., Fort D., Thomason A.R. , Cahoon T.M., Karlet M.C.(2013) Interprofessional Education Sessions involving Doctor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and Nurse Anesthetist Students. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 5,450-457.
Charest D.M., Krogsgard E.S., Thomason A.R .(2010) A patient case: Intravenous Azithromycin-induced hepatoxicity. Hosp Pharm, 45,545-48.
Thomason A.R., Waldrop B.A., Henderson R.P.(2008) Pharmacy morning report pilot study adapting the medical model of case-based teaching to the pharmacy curriculum. International Journal of Pharmacy Education and Practice (IJPEP),4,2. http://www.samford.edu/schools/pharmacy/ijpe/208/208.html#pmr. Accessed November 3, 2008.
- Application of Laboratory Data in Medication Dosing. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy Continuing Education Program.
- Update of Hypertension: Waiting on the JNC 8. Jefferson County Pharmaceutical Association.
- Hypertension: What does the literature say? ALSHP Summer Meeting
- Myocardial Infarction: A focus on clopidogrel and prasugrel. Jefferson County Pharmaceutical Association.
- Naro PB, Thomason AR. “Education of Pharmacy Students with Geriatric Sensitivity Training Module”.
- Thomason AR, Waldrop B, Henderson R. “Pharmacy Morning Report (PMR) Pilot Program”.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Alabama Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ALSHP)
- Diabetes Center of Excellence, Cooper Green Mercy Health Services, advisory board member
- American Diabetes Association