Terri Wensel joined the Samford faculty in 2008 after having taught at Wingate School of Pharmacy in North Carolina. “This job opened up at the right time for my family. I feel fortunate that I was able to stay in academia within a faith-based, private school. This setting allows me to interact with students on a more personal level than I would be able to do elsewhere.” Wensel has been involved with a variety of initiatives and courses at McWhorter School of Pharmacy and maintains a practice site at Christ Health Center's Woodlawn campus. "My responsibility as an educator is to enable our students to be the best pharmacists they possibly can be. I enjoy every day with them," she said. Wensel, who loves cooking and reading, has a daughter, Claire; son, Ethan; and dogs, Lynx and Stella.
Degrees and Certifications
- Pharm.D., Auburn University's Harrison School of Pharmacy
- ASHP Accredited Drug Information Specialty Residency, DCH Regional Medical Center
- Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence
- Tobacco Cessation
- Medication Therapy Management
- Community Pharmacy Practice
Awards and Honors
- McWhorter School of Pharmacy Scholar Award, 2013
- Alabama Pharmacists Association
- National Community Pharmacists Association, Student Chapter Advisor
- American Pharmacists Association
- Phi Lambda Sigma
- Community Pharmacy Practice
- Chappell L, Brown SA, Wensel TM. Evaluation of Vitamin B12 Monitoring in Patients on Concomitant Metformin and Proton Pump Inhibitors. Innov Pharm. 2020:11(4):5. Doi: https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v11i4.335
- Ingram CA, Giang G, McCrory K, Wensel TM. Yosprala: Coordinated Delivery of a Proton Pump Inhibitor and Aspirin. J Pharm Technol. Published online: August 6, 2019. doi:10.1177/8755122519867906
- Adam C. Pace, Joy Greene, Joseph E. Deweese, Dana A. Brown, Ginger Cameron, James M. Nesbit & Terri Wensel (2017) Measuring Pharmacy Student Attitudes Toward Prayer: The Student Prayer Attitude Scale (SPAS), Christian Higher Education, 16:4, 200-210, DOI: 10.1080/15363759.2016.1250683
- Wensel TM, Kyle JA, McCarter M. Implementing MTM for COPD. US Pharm. 2017;42(6):HS-21-HS-28.
- Naro P, Beall J, Wensel T, Click E, McCullough B, Heard A. Impact of a community pharmacy based health, wellness and prevention introductory pharmacy practice experience. Pharmacy Education. 2017;17(1):154-158.
- Meaningful Data Collection Projects for Students. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy. Birmingham, Alabama. January 2020.
- APhA’s The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Training Program. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy. Birmingham, Alabama. November, 2019.
- APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate Training Program. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy. Birmingham, Alabama. May, 2019.
- APhA’s The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Training Program. Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy. Birmingham, Alabama. April, 2019.
- Beyond MTM: Expanding your Clinical Service Offerings. APCI Annual Convention. Nashville, Tennessee. March, 2019.