2020 Conference Update
About the Conference
Travel, Lodging and Meals
- Registration does not include airfare. Each participant is required to arranged his or her own airline reservations.
- Plan to fly into Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM) so the flight arrives on Sunday before the conference begins. Return flights should be scheduled for the Sunday after the conference ends.
- Transportation to and from the airport will be arranged for Sunday arrivals and departures.
- Registration includes the choice of single or double occupancy at a nearby hotel
- Double occupancy requires mutual agreement of roommates (known to each other and both would like to room together) and both are registered for the conference.
- Lodging is included in the registration fee for 7 nights (check-in Sunday and check-our Sunday). Accommodations will be arranged by conference staff.
- Most meals are provided
- Several meals are not included so participants can explore and experience local cuisine on their own. The hotel is located within walking distance of several nearby restaurants and cafes.
What to Bring
- White lab coat for site visits
- Because of U.S. patient privacy laws, photography of patient care areas of hospitals and pharmacies is strictly prohibited. However, participants may photograph non-patient care areas.
- Business casual attire
- A coat and tie are not required during on-campus sessions, and are discouraged. Please keep in mind Birmingham is generally hot and humid in August with the average high temperature being 91 degrees F (32.78 degrees C).
- Business casual is defined as long pants (No blue jeans/denim or shorts), and a collared shirt (either Polo style or button down style). Ladies should dress modestly, wearing long pants or skirts, (no blue jeans/denim or shorts) and a conservative blouse (no tank tops or spaghetti strap tops).
- Gentlemen and ladies should bring more dressy attire (including ties) for the site visits to area hospitals.
Terms and Conditions
I agree that neither Samford University, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Samford University International Conference, nor any of their respective trustees, agents, officers, employees or contractors (collectively “Samford”) shall not be responsible or liable for any injuries or illnesses that I incur as a proximate result of my attendance at and participation in the conference. In furtherance of such agreement, I grant to Samford a full and complete release of all actions, damages, costs, causes of action, injuries, loss of services, expenses, compensation or payment of any kind, whether having already resulted or to result at any time in the future, whether or not foreseeable, and whether arising in tort, contract or other law, arising, existing or otherwise occurring prior to or after the execution of this agreement. In further consideration of Samford allowing my registration for the conference, I agree that should I, or anyone acting on my behalf, make any claim against Samford that is the subject of the foregoing release, I will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Samford against any and all losses and damages occasioned thereby, including Samford’s reasonable attorney’s fees and associated expenses.
I agree that conference personnel may take photographs and videos in the course of the conference activities that may include my image and voice, and I grant to Samford University permission to use such photos, videos and audio recording for any purpose and without further compensation to me.
I agree to being transported by an agent contracted by Samford University and acknowledge that travel in a motor vehicle on public or private roadways necessarily entails some degree of risk of bodily injury, or even death, as well as property damage. I hereby voluntarily and knowingly assume all risks involved with transportation in any vehicle associated with the conference.