McWhorter School of Pharmacy's International Pharmacy Scholars Conference provides an intensive 10-day educational program in clinical pharmacy designed to increase participants' knowledge, skills and abilities in patient communication and clinical patient care by pharmacists.
The conference will not be held in 2019, but it will resume in 2020.
Travel, Lodging and Meals
- Registration does not include airfare.
- McWhorter School of Pharmacy will provide ground transportation to and from the Birmingham (BHM) International Airport and Samford University.
- Lodging will be provided off-campus at a nearby hotel. All rooms will be double-occupancy with shared suite bathrooms. A very limited number of single occupancy rooms are available on a first-request basis, but are not guaranteed.
- All meals will be provided.
What to Bring
- White lab coat for site visits
- Because of U.S. patient privacy laws, photography of patient care areas of hospitals and pharmacies is strictly prohibited. However, participants may photograph non-patient care areas.
- Business casual attire
- A coat and tie are not required during on-campus sessions, and are discouraged. Please keep in mind Birmingham is generally hot and humid in July with the average high temperature being 91 degrees F (32.78 degrees C).
- Business casual is defined as long pants (No blue jeans/denim or shorts), and a collared shirt (either Polo style or button down style). Ladies should dress modestly, wearing long pants or skirts, (no blue jeans/denim or shorts) and a conservative blouse (no tank tops or spaghetti strap tops).
- Gentlemen and ladies should bring more dressy attire (including ties) for the site visits to area hospitals.