- The conference is intentionally designed to be small. It has a limited number of spaces available (i.e., 20 participants for 2020).
- Registration will remain opened until all slots are filled or June 15, 2020 (whichever comes first)
- If you require an invitation letter, please send a request to email@example.com.
The conference will occur in August 2020. The specific dates will be announced in December 2019.
About the Conference
Faculty from McWhorter School of Pharmacy lead discussions on a variety of topics related to clinical pharmacy in the United States. Participants will take part in a variety of hands-on and simulation-based experiences as well as visit pharmacies in the greater Birmingham area.
On selected evenings and during the Saturday of the conference, participants will have the opportunity to engage in various cultural activities and partake in local cuisine.
Travel, Lodging and Meals
- Registration does not include airfare. Each participant is required to arranged his or her own airline reservations.
- Plan to fly into Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM) so the flight arrives on Sunday before the conference begins. Return flights should be scheduled for the Sunday after the conference ends.
- Transportation to and from the airport will be arranged for Sunday arrivals and departures.
- Registration includes the choice of single or double occupancy at a nearby hotel (Aloft Birmingham Soho Square).
- Double occupancy requires mutual agreement of roommates (known to each other and both would like to room together) and both are registered for the conference.
- Lodging is included in the registration fee for 7 nights (check-in Sunday and check-our Sunday). Accommodations will be arranged by conference staff.
- Most meals are provided
- Several meals are not included so participants can explore and experience local cuisine on their own. The hotel is located within walking distance of several nearby restaurants and cafes.
What to Bring
- White lab coat for site visits
- Because of U.S. patient privacy laws, photography of patient care areas of hospitals and pharmacies is strictly prohibited. However, participants may photograph non-patient care areas.
- Business casual attire
- A coat and tie are not required during on-campus sessions, and are discouraged. Please keep in mind Birmingham is generally hot and humid in August with the average high temperature being 91 degrees F (32.78 degrees C).
- Business casual is defined as long pants (No blue jeans/denim or shorts), and a collared shirt (either Polo style or button down style). Ladies should dress modestly, wearing long pants or skirts, (no blue jeans/denim or shorts) and a conservative blouse (no tank tops or spaghetti strap tops).
- Gentlemen and ladies should bring more dressy attire (including ties) for the site visits to area hospitals.