McWhorter School of Pharmacy's International Pharmacy Scholars Conference provides an intensive 10-day educational program in clinical pharmacy designed to increase participants' knowledge, skills and abilities in patient communication and clinical patient care by pharmacists.
Travel, Lodging and Meals
- Registration does not include airfare.
- McWhorter School of Pharmacy will provide ground transportation to and from the Birmingham (BHM) International Airport and Samford University.
- Lodging will be provided off-campus at a nearby hotel. All rooms will be double-occupancy with shared suite bathrooms. A very limited number of single occupancy rooms are available on a first-request basis, but are not guaranteed.
- All meals will be provided.
What to Bring
- White lab coat for site visits
- Because of U.S. patient privacy laws, photography of patient care areas of hospitals and pharmacies is strictly prohibited. However, participants may photograph non-patient care areas.
- Business casual attire
- A coat and tie are not required during on-campus sessions, and are discouraged. Please keep in mind Birmingham is generally hot and humid in July with the average high temperature being 91 degrees F (32.78 degrees C).
- Business casual is defined as long pants (No blue jeans/denim or shorts), and a collared shirt (either Polo style or button down style). Ladies should dress modestly, wearing long pants or skirts, (no blue jeans/denim or shorts) and a conservative blouse (no tank tops or spaghetti strap tops).
- Gentlemen and ladies should bring more dressy attire (including ties) for the site visits to area hospitals.