Prepharmacy Program Admission
Admission to McWhorter School of Pharmacy’s prepharmacy program is a two-step process. First, you must be admitted to Samford University, and then you apply for admission into McWhorter School of Pharmacy during your sophomore year.
Incoming freshmen must have a minimum ACT (or SAT equivalent) score of 22 to be eligible to declare pre-pharmacy as the plan of study. Incoming freshmen with an ACT (or SAT equivalent) score below 22 may request a change into prepharmacy after two semesters of coursework at Samford if the student has earned an overall minimum GPA and math/science GPA of 3.0.
Early Assurance Program
Samford University offers a select group of incoming freshmen who enter Samford directly from high school an opportunity to participate in the Early Assurance Program. After a minimum of two years of prepharmacy coursework, students selected for this program have the opportunity to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Samford, provided they meet the following requirements.
- Enroll in Samford as a freshman
- Must have a minimum 26 ACT and a 3.5 GPA (high school) at time of application
Benchmarks once enrolled at Samford
- Hold a 3.0 Overall and math/science GPA at the time of application to McWhorter School of Pharmacy
- Complete all University Core and Science courses at Samford*
- Complete a prepharmacy specific Foundations 102 course while enrolled in the prepharmacy program
- A successful interview (that results in approval of admission by the admission committee)
- All pre-requisite courses to be completed in two academic years*
- Waivers may be considered on a case by case basis for exceptional circumstances