To apply to Samford and McWhorter School of Pharmacy’s prepharmacy program, submit your application at samford.edu/admission/apply.
Incoming freshmen must have a minimum ACT (or SAT equivalent) score of 22 to be eligible to declare pre-pharmacy as the plan of study. Incoming freshmen with an ACT (or SAT equivalent) score below 22 may request a change into prepharmacy after two semesters of coursework at Samford if the student has earned an overall minimum GPA and math/science GPA of 3.0.
During your sophomore year, you can apply for admission to McWhorter School of Pharmacy's Doctor of Pharmacy program.
Early Assurance Program
Samford offers a unique pathway to pharmacy school, inviting a select group of incoming freshmen who enter Samford directly from high school to participate in the Early Assurance Program. After a minimum of two years of prepharmacy coursework, students selected for this program are assured admission to our Doctor of Pharmacy program, provided they meet the following requirements.
- Enroll at Samford as a first time, full-time freshman
- Must have a minimum 26 ACT and a 3.5 GPA (high school) at time of matriculation
Benchmarks once enrolled at Samford:
- Hold a 3.0 Overall and math/science GPA at the time of application to the McWhorter School of Pharmacy
- Complete all University Core and Science courses at Samford*
- A successful interview (that results in approval of admission by the admission committee)
- All prerequisite courses to be completed in two (2) academic years.*
Student selected for the Early Assurance Program will received a one-time $2,000 scholarship, awarded upon entering pharmacy school if the benchmarks are met.
*Waivers may be considered on a case by case basis for exceptional circumstances.