What is Elevate 22?
Elevate 22 is Samford University’s Summer Course Design Institute hosted by the Faculty Success Center (FSC). This week-long, immersive experience focuses on (re)designing a course to create significant learning experiences utilizing a variety of course design principles and evidence-based pedagogical practices including backwards, learner-centered, and equitable and inclusive design.
- Evidence-based course design and pedagogical practices to assist with the improvement of student learning, engagement, and success.
- A community of reflective practice that values quality, innovation, and inclusiveness in teaching.
- Collaborative opportunities to receive feedback from peers of different academic disciplines.
- Dedicated time and space to concentrate on designing your course.
- Guided course design assistance from faculty peers and Samford Instructional Designers.
- A $500 stipend upon completion of all workshop requirements.
- Resources (books and materials) valued at $100
- Breakfast, lunch, & snacks provided daily.
- Describe principles of how people learn and student motivation.
- Develop course components utilizing backward, learner-centered, and equitable and inclusive design principles.
- Articulate measurable and specific course and module learning objectives for a course that aligns with learning activities and assessments.
- Identify an evaluation and assessment strategy aligned to course learning objectives.
Applying for Elevate 22
Participation is by application. Faculty from all teaching disciplines and modalities are encouraged to apply. A $500 stipend is being awarded to participants upon completion of the institute. This is an intensive week-long commitment with opportunities to collaborate with fellow faculty from across campus. Seating is limited to 20 participants. The application window opens on May 16th and closes on June 21st.