Identity and Statement of PurposeSamford University recognizes and celebrates the tremendous talents, skills and abilities of its faculty body. The Samford University Faculty Success Collaborative (FSC) is a formal advisory committee convened by the provost representing all academic units at Samford University, that identifies and coordinates development opportunities in conjunction with a variety of internal and external stakeholder groups. Faculty success and continuing professional development is internally driven by the FSC through a process that is responsive to emerging trends and opportunities in higher education. The FSC fully embraces the developmental needs of all faculty in the three domains of a faculty member’s roles and responsibilities as it pertains to teaching, service, and scholarship, as well as personal wellbeing. Face-to-face programming, enduring content and other resources are provided to support faculty at all stages of their career.
Enhance the educational mission of Samford University through professional development experiences that encourage excellence in teaching, scholarship and service.
- Promote evidence-based activities that help faculty improve student learning, engagement, and success
- Initiate and sustain a collegial conversation about all aspects of teaching service, scholarship, and learning at Samford
- Foster a culture of reflective practice that values quality, innovation, and inclusiveness in teaching
- Cultivate an institutional climate that values and supports teaching and learning
- Develop and support faculty through all stages of their academic careers
The FSC will accomplish these goals by collecting, curating, and connecting faculty to professional development opportunities and resources.