- Recruitment September 15 - 18
- Bid Day September 19
- Registration opens June 1 and closes September 13
- Info Session September 12
- $40/$50 application fee
- Primary Recruitment September 3 - 7
- Bid Day September 8
- Registration opens June 1 and closes August 30
- $75/$100 application fee
NPHC Fraternities & Sororities
Delayed Recruitment Process
Currently at Samford, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., participate in intake, a process delaying recruitment until a collegiate GPA is established. The individual requirements for participation in intake/to join are different for each chapter, but you can expect these generalities:
- Must have 12 hours prior to joining a fraternity or sorority.
- Need several recommendation letters. The chapters will provide specific information.
- Need to demonstrate community service/community engagement.
- Need to illustrate campus involvement.
- Each chapter usually advertises via flyer on campus, so watch for those if you are interested in joining.
Delta Xi Phi, Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
Qualifications to Join
- Possessing a 2.4 or higher cumulative GPA
- Maintaining full-time status as a Samford student
- Having a genuine interest in multiculturalism
- Attend 1 information night and 2 recruitment events
After a week of recruitment events, invitations to formally join the sorority will be extended. There is a 6-8 week associate member process with initiation to full-member status occurring at the end of the semester.