McWhorter School of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Office: CHS Building 1 1436
Phone: 205-726-4367Born and raised in Birmingham, Ala., Katie's education and career have taken her to several interesting places including the National Cancer Institute, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, outpatient cancer clinics as well as inpatient stem cell transplant centers. Her favorite scripture, Romans 12:12, “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer,” is one she enjoys sharing with her patients. As a member of the McWhorter School of Pharmacy faculty, Boyd hopes to continue the legacy that was shared with her as a student. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, running, cooking with friends and volunteering in various capacities in Birmingham and across Alabama.
Degrees and Certifications
- Pharm.D., Samford University
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- B.A., dance, University of Alabama
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- ambulatory care, hematology/oncology, stem cell transplant, critical care, smoking cessation
- Boyd K, Hilas O. a-Adrenergic Blockers for the Treatment of Lower-Urinary-Tract Symptoms and Dysfunction in Women. Ann Pharmacother. June 2014; 48(6):711-722.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Hematology/Oncology Pharmacists Association
- Junior League of Birmingham