Become an Orientation Leader
Orientation leaders (OL) are the most significant contact that a new student makes while attending Bulldog Days. They not only convey information to incoming students and their families, but serve as a resource to them throughout the summer and fall. The orientation leader position is one of the highest positions a student can achieve while at Samford. It is a great opportunity for any student looking to gain leadership skills, learn how to better work with others and make a difference in the lives of incoming students. If you’re ready to learn, lead and serve, then being an orientation leader is a great job for you.
Qualifications and Requirements
- If selected as an orientation leader, you commit to serving the Office of Orientation and Office of Admission for a full year. OLs perform a wide variety of duties, including (but not limited to):
- Plan and facilitate orientation sessions for incoming freshmen class and transfer students.
- Serve alongside Office of Admission and Office of Parent Programs in recruitment and transitioning students and their parents.
- Represent Samford and the Orientation Program to on-campus departments and off-campus vendors.
- Be a positive and dedicated leader for your school and team.
- Serve as an extension of Samford at all times.