Samford University provides work opportunities for students through the two following programs: Federal Work Study (FWS) jobs are need-based, as determined by the FAFSA, and Institutional Student Employment Program (ISEP) jobs are not need-based.
International students should contact the Global Engagement Office at email@example.com or 205-726-2741 regarding federal regulations for on-campus employment. If they are given authorization to work on campus, they should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the supervisor and/or department where they’ve been hired before completing any paperwork.
I’ve Found A Job, What’s Next?
What forms and documents will I need and what do I do with them?
- When you are hired for a job, your supervisor should provide you with an email link for HireTouch which will allow you to complete student employment forms.
- As you complete these forms, note that electing direct deposit allows faster access to your pay, please be prepared to upload an acceptable form of verification in HireTouch such as:
- copy of a voided check
- letter of authorization for direct deposit from your bank
- online banking screen shot showing the routing and account information
- Once these forms have been completed, you will receive a welcome email explaining how to make an appointment in Bookings to complete the final step of the employment process.
- During this in-person appointment, you will be required to present certain documents to complete the federally required I-9 (List of Acceptable Documents). PLEASE NOTE: These must be original, unexpired documents. No scans, copies or faxes can be used. Examples of commonly used documents for the I-9 include:
- Unexpired U.S. Passport OR
- Unexpired Driver’s License AND original U.S. Social Security Card OR
- Unexpired Driver’s License AND original/certified Birth Certificate
I-9 Employee Information Sheet
When can I start working?
- Once you have completed the onboarding requirements by presenting your I-9 documents in Human Resources, you will receive work authorization within 1-2 business days.
- You will find your work authorization in the Student Portal under the Student Employment section. Your supervisor will need to see your work authorization and may ask you to send them a screenshot of it for their records.
- You may begin working when you receive your work authorization.
Student Employment Resources
- Payroll Schedule
- Student Direct Deposit Form (optional)
- Student Employment Guidelines
- TimeClock Plus Version 7 Instructions