June 17-20, 2018
The Minority Youth Science Academy at Samford University is a three-day residential program offering college preparation and mentoring for outstanding minority high school students who aspire to careers in the sciences.
A limited number of rising 10th-12th grade students will live and study at one of the region’s top universities as they enjoy activities including:
- Experiments in biology and engineering/technology
- college application counseling
- study skills and test preparation
- teamwork games and movie night
- Q&A with minority scientists and college science students
The program fee of $350 includes tuition, room, meals, materials, field trips and entertainment activities. Register before June 1 to ensure participation.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Please contact that Office of Diversity and Intercultural Initiatives for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.