Katrina Hunter Mintz, Ed.D.
Associate Provost for Assessment and Accreditation
Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness
Office: Beeson Hall 326
Phone: 205-726-4097Katrina Mintz recently joined the Samford University family, and she is ready to share her dreams. "While I’m new to Samford, I continue to see a vision for pharmacy education that is based on serving Christ and others," she said. Mintz’s career has lead her through the ranks of professional education. She started as an English/reading teacher in K–12 and has worked at several colleges where she has gained perspective on the changing marketplace of higher education and its global reach. "I am excited about where Samford University will emerge as a leader in innovative higher education in the years to come," said Mintz, who has completed eight marathons.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ed.D., curriculum, instruction and assessment, University of Alabama
- Ed.S., English education, University Alabama
- M.A., English education, University of Alabama
- B.S., education, Jacksonville State University
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification
- Higher education assessment and accreditation; innovative technologies in higher education teaching and learning; online teaching and learning
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education/Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation Board of Examiners
- National Council for Teachers of English Program Reviewer