Taylor Kendrick serves as an Instructional Designer (ID) and Quality Matters Coordinator (QMC) for Samford University’s Faculty Success Center. As an ID, he supports Samford’s faculty through instructional design and professional development consultations and offerings that encourage excellence in teaching pedagogy, course design and delivery, and scholarship. In his role as Quality Matters Coordinator (QMC), he assists faculty with the design and development of their online courses helping them to earn the Quality Matters (QM) Certification mark, the internationally recognized symbol of online and blended course design quality.
Prior to working in higher education, Taylor spent thirty years as a pastor and communications consultant. These experiences influence his professional and instructional design philosophy; allowing him to approach each course with a learner-centric, empathetic lens. When not supporting faculty, Taylor enjoys spending time with family, playing golf, and leading short-term international mission teams.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.S.Ed., Instructional Design & Technology, Samford University
- M.Div., Beeson Divinity School, Samford University
- B.A., Mass Communications, Auburn University
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer (PRC)
- Quality Matters Applying the QM Rubric 6th Edition (APPQMR)
- Quality Matters Coordinator
- Course Badging
- Business School
- Law School
- School of Public Health: Social Work
- School of Public Health: Nutrition and Dietetics
- School of Divinity
- Professional Studies