Assistant Librarian, Chair, Circulation Librarian
119 University Library
Cheryl Cecil has served the Samford University community as the Circulation Department Chair since 2007. She previously served in multiple positions here in the Samford University Library; Reference Librarian/Instruction Coordinator 2005-2007, Interlibrary Loan/Resource Retrieval Assistant 1997-2005, and Circulation Assistant/Night Manager 1991-1996.
Degrees and Certifications
- B.M., Music Education, Samford Performing Arts Program-Vocal, Samford University
- M.L.I.S., Library & Information Studies, University of Alabama
Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Human Development & Family Life Education
- Teacher Education
- Cecil, Cheryl, Lori Northrup. “Deselection: Motivation, Process, and Reflection” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Point Clear, Alabama, April 2019.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Lori Northrup. “Deselection: Motivation, Process, and Reflection,” SU Library Circle of Advocates, 2019.
- Cecil, Cheryl S., C. Ed Cherry, Kimmetha Herndon, Lori A. Northrup, Jennifer R. Taylor, and Lauren M. Young. “Desirable Outcomes: Closing the Loop for Primary Stakeholders,” webinar. Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries, December 8, 2016.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Emily Allee, and Lori Northrup. “Mission: Deselection,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Gadsden, Alabama, April 2016.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Jennifer Taylor, and Carla Waddell. ‘How SU Librarians Use LibAnalytics,’ presented to visiting University of Montevallo librarians, March 18, 2015.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Jennifer Taylor, and Carla Waddell. “Library Statistics: It’s Not Just for Reference,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Huntsville, AL, April 23, 2014.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Kim Herndon, Lori Northrup, and Jennifer Taylor. “Are Those Pickles I Smell or Is It Vinegar Syndrome?” poster session, Alabama Library Association Annual Conference, Huntsville, AL, April 24, 2014.
- Goss, Harold, Cheryl Cecil and Elizabeth Wells. “Using LibAnalytics to Tell the Library Story,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Birmingham, Alabama, April 2012.
- Ashmore, Beth, Juliet Rumble, and Cheryl Cecil, “Standardized Information Literacy Assessment: SAILS and Beyond,” AACRL/CUS Best Practices, Alabama Library Association Convention, Florence, Al, April 26, 2006.
- Alabama Library Association
- Alabama Association of College & Research Libraries