Cheryl Cecil has served the Samford University community as the Circulation Department Chair since 2007. She previously served in multiple positions here in the Samford University Library; Reference Librarian/Instruction Coordinator 2005-2007, Interlibrary Loan/Resource Retrieval Assistant 1997-2005, and Circulation Assistant/Night Manager 1991-1996.
Degrees and Certifications
- BM, Music Education, Samford Performing Arts Program-Vocal, Samford University
- MLIS, Library & Information Studies, University of Alabama
Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Human Development & Family Life Education
- Teacher Education
- Cecil, Cheryl, Lori Northrup. “Deselection: Motivation, Process, and Reflection” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Point Clear, Alabama, April 2019.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Lori Northrup. “Deselection: Motivation, Process, and Reflection,” SU Library Circle of Advocates, 2019.
- Cecil, Cheryl S., C. Ed Cherry, Kimmetha Herndon, Lori A. Northrup, Jennifer R. Taylor, and Lauren M. Young. “Desirable Outcomes: Closing the Loop for Primary Stakeholders,” webinar. Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries, December 8, 2016.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Emily Allee, and Lori Northrup. “Mission: Deselection,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Gadsden, Alabama, April 2016.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Jennifer Taylor, and Carla Waddell. ‘How SU Librarians Use LibAnalytics,’ presented to visiting University of Montevallo librarians, March 18, 2015.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Jennifer Taylor, and Carla Waddell. “Library Statistics: It’s Not Just for Reference,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Huntsville, AL, April 23, 2014.
- Cecil, Cheryl, Kim Herndon, Lori Northrup, and Jennifer Taylor. “Are Those Pickles I Smell or Is It Vinegar Syndrome?” poster session, Alabama Library Association Annual Conference, Huntsville, AL, April 24, 2014.
- Goss, Harold, Cheryl Cecil and Elizabeth Wells. “Using LibAnalytics to Tell the Library Story,” Alabama Library Association Annual Convention, Birmingham, Alabama, April 2012.
- Ashmore, Beth, Juliet Rumble, and Cheryl Cecil, “Standardized Information Literacy Assessment: SAILS and Beyond,” AACRL/CUS Best Practices, Alabama Library Association Convention, Florence, Al, April 26, 2006.
- Alabama Library Association
- Alabama Association of College & Research Libraries