Sarah Cooper is a librarian in the Reference and Research services department. Before coming to Samford in 2017, she was a community college librarian. Her research interests include student outreach & engagement, digital source evaluation strategies, and information literacy.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.L.I.S from the University of Alabama
- B.A. in English with a minor in Mass Communications from the University of Montevallo
Howard College of Arts and Sciences
- Communications Studies
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- “Frankenstein and the Modern World” Case Study at the Samford Mini-Conference on Teaching and Learning, August 21, 2018.
- “Transformative Learning through Powerful Assignments” Lightning Talk presentation at the California Conference for Library Instruction, June 1, 2018.
- “Adventures in Micro-Outreach: Outreach to Small Populations in Community College Libraries,” poster presentation with Julie Kennedy at the Alabama Library Association Convention, April 2015.
- “Outreach Wins and Fails: Best Practices in Academic Library Outreach,” presentation with Julie Kennedy at the Alabama Library Association Convention, April 2014.
- “Library Resources and Services for Adjunct Instructors,” presentation, Joe Ford Center, Gadsden State Community College, 2014.
- “Not Just for Students: Library Resources for Staff Members,” presentation/workshop with Sarah Pilkanis, Local Professional Development Day, Gadsden State Community College, 2013.
- Alabama Library Association
- Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries
- Southeastern Library Association