Current students and employees of the university have access to several different databases that teach a variety of computer and office skills.
- Banner 8 Training
- Canvas Courses for Employees
- Customer Service Training Handout
- Employee Aggression and Potential Violence Handout
- Student Aggression and Potential Violence Handout
- Active Shooter Information
- Building Evacuation
New Employee Orientation
Samford University requires all new hires to provide the following documentation for employment before you can be added to our payroll:
- Staff Application or Faculty Application
- A-4 Alabama State Tax Form
- Authorization for Direct Deposit
- Confidentiality-Security Agreement
- I-9 Form
- I-9 Instructions
- I-9 Employee Information Sheet
- I-9 List of Allowed Documents
- Personal Information Form
- W-4 Federal Tax Form
Additional Faculty Requirements
In addition to the required documents above, faculty may contact the hiring department for any additional employment procedures; full-time faculty may contact the provost’s office and part-time faculty may contact the assistant provost’s office.
Part-time Employee Documentation
Part-time employees need to visit human resources in Samford Hall for the employment and payroll process.
As a new full-time employee, you are required to attend the first orientation after your hire date. Please plan to spend a minimum of two hours; time will vary depending on the number of new hires and questions needed to be answered.
The date, time and place for new employee orientation may vary depending on the volume of new employees. Please contact human resources (726-2390) to reserve a place.
Please bring document(s) to complete the federal I-9 form (list of the acceptable documents) and the following documents/information in order for us to comply with federal regulations and Samford University policy:
- Your personal check that can be voided for direct deposit.
- Your office telephone and fax number, room number and building name.