Juris Doctor, 2007
- Elected the 30th mayor of his hometown, Birmingham, in 2017
- President of the Birmingham City School Board 2013-2015
- Served as Assistant City Attorney, and worked with the Division of Youth Services, Birmingham City Council and Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity
- Active in community service; has served as a board member for various organizations
- Graduate of Leadership Birmingham and Leadership Alabama
- Served as president of the Student Government Association at his undergraduate alma mater, Morehouse College
Donate to Samford’s minority scholarships and help make the Samford experience available to more students.