Posted by Sean Flynt on 2008-02-22After reviewing the needs of its various academic units, Samford has finalized a schedule for 2008 commencement weekend.
The schedule of graduation ceremonies is below. Complete graduation details will be announced at a later date.
Samford University Commencement 2008
Tuesday, May 6
• Beeson Divinity School graduation, 11 a.m., Hodges Chapel
This event will combine the divinity school's traditional consecration service with the conferring of degrees.
Friday, May 16
• McWhorter School of Pharmacy, 10 a.m., Wright Center
• Brock School of Business (undergraduate and graduate), 1 p.m., Wright Center
• Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing (undergraduate and graduate), 3 p.m., Wright Center
• President's Reception for all graduates, 4-5:30 p.m., University Quadrangle
• Baccalaureate (for graduates of all schools), 6 p.m., Wright Center
Saturday, May 17
• Howard College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts, and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies (undergraduate and graduate), 10 a.m., Hanna Center
• Cumberland School of Law, 3 p.m., Wright Center
There will be no limit on the number of commencement guests for any graduate.
About Samford University – Samford University is a premier nationally ranked private university deeply rooted in its Christian mission. Founded in 1841, Samford is the 87th oldest institution of higher education in the United States. U.S. News & World Report ranks Samford 4th among regional universities in the South. Samford enrolls 5,619 students from 44 states, the District of Columbia and 29 other countries in its 10 academic units: arts, arts and sciences, business, divinity, education, health professions, law, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. Samford also fields 17 NCAA Division I teams that compete in the tradition-rich Southern Conference.