Posted by William Nunnelley on 2011-05-02
Samford University will graduate about 880 seniors during commencement activities in May. The schedule will begin with Beeson Divinity School’s commencement and service of consecration May 4, and continue with programs May 13-14.
Here are this year’s programs and speakers.
Wednesday, May 4
* 11 a.m. Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel. Speaker: Dr. Timothy C. Tennent, president, Asbury Theological Seminary.
Friday, May 13
* 10 a.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center Concert Hall. Speaker: Dr. Michael E. Fleenor, health officer, Jefferson County (Ala.) Department of Health.
* 1 p.m. Brock School of Business, Wright Center Concert Hall. Speaker: William J. Stevens, president and chief executive officer, Motion Industries.
* 3:30 p.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, Wright Center Concert Hall. Program: The Golden Thread video.
* 6 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center Concert Hall. Speaker: The Honorable Martha Roby, U. S. Representative, 2nd Congressional District, Alabama.
Saturday, May 14
* 10 a.m. Howard College of Arts & Sciences, Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies and the School of the Arts, Hanna Center. Speaker: Nabil K. Costa, executive director, Lebanese Baptist Society. Costa will receive a Doctor of Humane Letters degree.
Other commencement activities Friday, May 13, will include the graduation prayer breakfast in the main dining room of Beeson University Center at 7:30 a.m., and the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing pinning ceremony in Reid Chapel at 10 a.m.
On Saturday, May 14, the Air Force ROTC commissioning ceremony and reception will be at 9 a.m. in Hodges Chapel, and the graduating senior art exhibition reception will follow commencement in the Samford Art Gallery.