Posted by William Nunnelley on 2012-05-01
Samford University will graduate about 880 seniors during commencement activities in May. The schedule will begin with Beeson Divinity School’s program May 9 and continue with programs May 18-19.
Here is this year’s schedule.
Wednesday, May 9
* 11 a.m. Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel. Speaker: Dr. John V. Upton, Jr., president, Baptist World Alliance.
Friday, May 18
* 10 a.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center. Speaker: Dr. Joseph O. Dean, Jr., dean emeritus, McWhorter School of Pharmacy.
* 1 p.m. Brock School of Business, Wright Center. Speaker: Bill Dixon, member, Brock School of Business Advisory Board.
* 3:30 p.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, Wright Center. Speaker: Sylvia Rayfield, author and chairwoman, Sylvia Rayfield & Associates Inc.
* 6 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center. Speaker: Wm T. (Bill) Robinson III, president, American Bar Association.
Saturday, May 19
* 10 a.m. Howard College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies, Hanna Center. Speaker: Dr. Billy Kim, chairman, Far East Broadcasting Company–Korea.
D. K. Lee, chair of Bubang Co. Ltd and Bubang Techron Ltd. and former president of Rotary International, will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree at the May 19 commencement. He is chairman of the Community Chest of Korea.
Other commencement activities Friday, May 18, will include the graduation prayer breakfast in the main dining room of Beeson University Center at 7:30 a.m., the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing pinning ceremony in Reid Chapel at 9 a.m. and the Air Force ROTC commissioning ceremony at 3 p.m. in Hodges Chapel.
On Saturday, May 19, the graduating senior art exhibition reception will follow commencement in the Samford Art Gallery.