Samford Announces Speakers, Details for May Commencement Programs
Posted by William Nunnelley on 2014-04-23
Samford University will graduate about 900 seniors during commencement activities in May. The schedule will begin with Beeson Divinity School's program May 7 and continue with programs May 16-17.
All ceremonies are available via live stream.
Here is the schedule:
Wednesday, May 7
* 8:15 a.m. Beeson Divinity School doctor of ministry hooding ceremony, Rotunda, Center for Healing Arts
* 11 a.m. Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel. Speaker: John A. M. Guernsey, Bishop of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic, Anglican Church in North America.
Friday, May 16
* 9 a.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center. Speaker: Thomas Menighan, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, American Pharmacists Association.
* 12 p.m. Brock School of Business, Wright Center. Speaker: Martin Newton, Director of Athletics, Samford University.
* 3 p.m. College of Health Sciences, Wright Center. Speakers: Anna Beth Shelton, candidate for Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and Megan Montgomery, candidate for Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, School of Health Professions.
* 6:30 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center. Speaker: Dean John L. Carroll, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University.
Saturday, May 17
* 10 a.m. Howard College of Arts and Sciences, Wright Center. Speaker: Dr. David E. Potts, president, Judson College.
* 2 p.m. School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education, Wright Center. Speaker: Dr. Bill Cleveland, Superintendent, Homewood City Schools.
Other Commencement Activities Wednesday, May 14
* 3:30 p.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing reception for master of science and doctor of nursing practice graduates and families, Rotunda, Center for Healing Arts
Other Commencement Activities Thursday, May 15
* 5 p.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy Awards Ceremony, Covenant Presbyterian Church
Other Commencement Activities Friday, May 16
* 9 a.m. Brock School of Business Senior Awards Ceremony, Brock Forum.
* 10 a.m. Brock School of Business reception for graduates and families, Ben Brown Plaza.
* 10 a.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Shades Mountain Baptist Church.
* 10 a.m. Department of Kinesiology reception for graduates and families, Hospitality Suite, Pete Hanna Center
* 10 a.m. Department of Nutrition and Dietetics reception for graduates and families, Rotunda, Center for Healing Arts
* 4:30 p.m. Cumberland School of Law reception for graduates and families, Brewer Plaza and Memory Leake Robinson Hall.
* 4:30 p.m. Air Force ROTC Commissioning Ceremony, Reid Chapel.
Other Commencement Activities Saturday, May 17
* 10:30 a.m. School of the Arts brunch for graduates and families, South Colonnade, Hanna Center.
* Following School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education Commencement, Graduating Senior Art Exhibit Reception, Art Gallery, Swearingen Hall.
ABOUT SAMFORD UNIVERSITY -- Samford University is a premier nationally ranked private university deeply rooted in its Christian mission. Founded in 1841, Samford is the 87th oldest institution of higher education in the United States. U.S. News & World Report ranks Samford 3rd among regional universities in the South. Samford enrolls 5,509 students from 45 states, the District of Columbia and 29 other countries in its 10 academic units: arts, arts and sciences, business, divinity, education, health professions, law, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. Samford also fields 17 NCAA Division I teams that compete in the tradition-rich Southern Conference.