Posted by Sean Flynt on 2015-01-28Samford University's Howard College of Arts and Sciences will host its 2015 Energy Forum Friday, April 17 in the Moot Court Room of Samford’s Cumberland School of Law.
The one-day event will feature expert speakers and topics focused on Alabama’s energy resources, including sessions on:
• The Status of oil & gas development in Alabama
• Regulation of oil & gas development as technology advances
• The energy-water nexus
• Alabama Legislative Session Update
• CO2 capture for enhanced oil recovery
• Geological assessment of Alabama's oil sand resources
• Alabama's shale development potential
• Hydraulic fracturing best practices.
Alabama State Geologist and Oil and Gas Supervisor Nick Tew will present the forum’s keynote address.
The forum will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m., with lunch included in the registration fee of $35 (non-student) or $10 (student, non-Samford). Samford students may register for the forum free-of-charge.
Participants seeking continuing education credits from their employers should contact Samford Energy Forum to request required documentation.
Follow Samford Energy Forum on Facebook