During a virtual meeting of the Samford University Alumni Association Executive Council, nine alumni were recently named the council’s newest members.
The Samford University Alumni Association seeks to create a lifelong and worldwide community of alumni through fellowship, programs and services by increasing opportunities for engagement with each other and with the university. As a continuation of the Samford experience, the alumni association fosters growth of the individual while encouraging service to Samford, our communities and the world.
“As president of the Samford University Alumni Association, I am pleased to welcome these outstanding alumni to the executive council, and to continue working together to serve all alumni of our beloved alma mater,” Stephen Dillard, Samford Alumni Association president, said. “Every member of the executive council is deeply committed to creating an enduring community of Samford alumni through fellowship, programs, and services."
Newly elected members:
- Brian Kelly ’87, will represent the Washington, D.C. Alumni Chapter
- Daniel Temple ’07, will represent the School of Health Professions
- Dee Park ’86, will represent Samford Parents
- Deena Weston ’91, will represent the Montgomery Alumni Chapter
- Ebonee Lyons ’09, will represent Ida Moffett School of Nursing
- Evie Morris ’90, will represent the School of the Arts
- Faye Doss Suggs ’12, will represent Cumberland School of Law
- Jan Cobb ’73, will represent the Legacy League
- Larry Kloess ’07, will represent the Young Alumni Board of Nashville
During the meeting, current officers were all elected to serve second terms.
- Stephen Dillard ’92 – President
- Wendy Feild ’99 – Vice-President of Committees
- Brandon Guyton ’06 – Vice-President of Development