Samford University looks forward to welcoming students for on-campus instruction and residential life this fall. On July 1, Samford shared comprehensive return to campus plans with the university community. Plans were developed by teams of dedicated faculty, staff, students and community partners in close consultation with national, state and local public health officials.
Highlights of the Fall Plans Include:
- August 24 will be the first day of classes for the Fall semester.* Labor Day and Fall Break will be regular class days for all students and employees to allow for an earlier conclusion of the Fall semester. *The first day of class for Cumberland School of Law is August 17.
- All on-campus instruction will end prior to the Thanksgiving holiday to minimize travel and possible transmission of the virus. Undergraduate students will complete the semester by Tuesday, November 24; graduate programs will have varying schedules.
- Face coverings and social distancing will be required in all public spaces, including classrooms, for employees and students. This does not include times when alone in an office or assigned residence hall room.
- Academic deans and faculty are working to maximize the number of in-person classroom experiences. Decisions about which classes will be offered in person, hybrid or online, will be based on the format of each class and our classroom capacity in light of public health requirements.
- Residence Life is working on a move-in plan for students in accordance with the CDC guidelines for social distancing.
Additional information on the planning process and full recommendations are available at samford.edu/go/coronavirus.