An Office of Professional Studies Program
The Bachelor of Arts with a major in Liberal Studies allows students to craft their own course of study. Along with the liberal studies core and electives, students take courses in leadership, human services, and legal cognate areas. This broad, interdisciplinary major is flexible enough to meet the needs of students interested in a variety of disciplines. Challenging students to think critically and communicate more effectively, the B.A. in Liberal Studies provides real-world knowledge and skills applicable to today's competitive job market.
The Bachelor of Arts with a major in Liberal Studies seeks to provide students with a broad liberal arts-based undergraduate degree. By choosing from a variety of courses in different cognates, students are able to engage in coursework that will support their career ambitions, graduate study plans, or personal interests. Graduates of the Liberal Studies program will be able to:
- Solve and recommend solutions involving complex issues from the viewpoint of two or more disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ethical connections between disciplinary fields.
- Formulate a research question based on a variety of investigative methods across multiple disciplines.
- Evaluate the significance of leadership actions from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Career and Graduate Study Possibilities
Students who earn a BA with a major in Liberal Studies are well positioned to pursue a variety of graduate study options, transition into a new career, or enhance current career opportunities.
Current evening graduate study opportunities at Samford include:
- Fifth Year Master's degree in Secondary Education
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Environmental Management