Finance is the art and science of money management. Students choose a finance major to prepare for careers in financial planning, investment management, corporate finance, treasury management, investment banking, commercial banking, commercial real estate, risk management and insurance.
Highlights of the Brock School of Business Finance Program:
- The Bulldog Fund, a student managed investment fund, is a three credit hour elective that allows students to conduct security analysis and portfolio management with a $1.7 million investment portfolio. This class will begin meeting in the fall of 2015 in the new Investment Portfolio Room in the new Brock Business building. The room will be equipped with 12 Bloomberg Professional Terminals.
- Finance Internships for academic credit and CFA Level I Exam Scholarships awarded annually for students seeking the Chartered Financial Analyst professional certification.
- Networking activities for students with the CFA Society of Alabama, Association for Financial Professionals, AIM Group , Financial Planning Association and the Birmingham Venture Club as well as the Economics & Finance Advisory Board.
- The Financial Management Association (FMA) is a student organization for finance majors. The Brock School of Business Chapter coordinates an annual trip to New York City and hosts guest speakers from industry, networking events and professional development activities.
- Internships/Job Placements
If you need further information about this major, please contact Dr. Steve Jones.