Attending an Event
The Leslie S. Wright Fine Arts Center serves as a creative and educational resource for the university and community, strengthens the economic vitality of the arts and cultivates vibrant lifestyles in Birmingham.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Audio or video recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis, tripods are never allowed)
- Bags or Backpacks (larger than 10”x 8”x 8”)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Fireworks or any Explosives
- Folding Chairs
- Food and Beverage (unless needed for medical reasons)
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for the disabled)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a safety risk
- Weapons of any description (weapons carried with a permit are also prohibited)
Any other items that in the judgment of The Wright Center management poses a safety risk or could diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
Location & Parking+
The Leslie S. Wright Fine Arts Center is located on the Samford University campus at 800 Lakeshore Drive in Homewood, Alabama. The facility is centrally located in the Birmingham Metropolitan area, allowing patrons from throughout the area to easily attend your event. Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is less than 15 minutes away, and downtown Birmingham is just minutes away for visitors. Quick access to Interstates 65 and 20-59 as well as Highway 280 makes the Wright Center easily accessible for guests, and there are numerous dining and hotel accommodations nearby.
There is no charge for parking on the Samford Campus. There is plentiful parking within walking distance of the Wright Center, with the majority of the parking nearest the West entrance of the Samford campus off of Lakeshore Drive.
Handicapped parking is located in the west parking lot adjacent to the Wright Center and the handicapped entrance.