Familiarize yourself with the on-campus fire rally points and off-campus fire rally points.
- Activate the nearest fire alarm and call 911 or the University Police at 205-726-2020.
- If there are no fire alarms, knock on doors and yell “Fire!” as you exit the building.
- Evacuate the building.
- Do not use elevators.
- Close doors as you leave.
- Feel closed doors with the back of your hand. Do not open doors if they are hot.
- Once outside, get far away from the building and report to your rally point.
- Notify emergency response personnel of any individuals needing assistance within the building.
- Do not re-enter the building until advised by emergency personnel.