Each year, the university offers many coordinated opportunities for youth of all ages to visit our campus. The programs introduce youth to the university while providing them with a robust opportunity for learning. The university recognizes both its institutional and legal obligations to ensure the safety and wellbeing of minors while they are participating in summer programs on our campus.
To provide a safe environment, Samford University has created a one-stop shop for all internal camp leaders to ensure all guidelines are being met for each individual camp. The Office of Events Management will work with faculty and staff to ensure that all camps and programs comply with the Minors on Campus Policy, 4.23. Compliance with this policy is the responsibility of all university employees (staff and faculty), students, volunteers, contractors, vendors and other individuals or entities that contract with the university.
In order to hold a summer program, the following will be required, in this order:
- Read and thoroughly understand the requirements of the Minors on Campus Policy and the Summer Program Policy Manual.
- Submit the Summer Program Request Form
- Once approved, work with Web Services to add program details to the Summer Programs page.
- Complete Minors on Campus Training and submit Certificate of Insurance, no later than 2 weeks prior to program start dates.
- Recruit qualified employees, student employees, or volunteers to meet the required ratio of program staff-to-minors. Summer Program employment (including background check) is coordinated through an outside company.
View Summer Programs Request a Summer Program