The Samford University Office of Research is committed to the highest standards of integrity in fulfilling its mission to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research. This is accomplished by providing a range of services in support of all research activities undertaken by faculty, staff, and students at Samford University. Our activities include:
- Providing central research administration from proposal submission, through contract development and negotiation, to project closeout with the services of the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Supporting a culture of ethical research and compliance by providing guidance and oversight in such areas as the protection of human and animal subjects, research integrity, and conflict of interest management.
- Overseeing research policy, including research compliance, guidelines for faculty and student researchers, and other areas.
- Advocating for student research programs and supporting efforts across all colleges and schools.
- Creating opportunities through internal funding that aims to strategically stimulate new endeavors in research programs and scholarly activities.
Student, Faculty Research Honored by Alabama Academy of Science
Students and faculty of Samford University's Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences earned top honors at the 96th annual meeting of the Alabama Academy of Science at Tuskegee University Feb. 20-22.
Fournier Honored for Outstanding Service to Geography
Samford geography profesor Eric Fournier received the award at the annual conference of the Southeastern Association of American Geographers, where five Samford students presented their research.
Samford Students Present at SoCon Undergraduate Research Forum
Thirteen students represented Samford University at the third annual Southern Conference (SoCon) Undergraduate Research Forum at Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Nov. 2-4. The students were nominated by Samford faculty to present their research in a variety of disciplines.
Samford University’s Beeson Divinity School Receives Million-dollar Grant to Create New Thriving Pastors Program
Samford University’s Beeson Divinity School has received a million-dollar grant from Lilly Endowment Inc. to help establish the Enhancing the Mission: Beeson Divinity School and Thriving Pastors program.
Samford Names New Class of John Howard Scholars
Howard Scholars participate in a variety of activities that promote research and interdisciplinary engagement both within the group and throughout Howard College of Arts and Sciences.