The Samford University Office of Research is committed to the highest standards of integrity in fulfilling its mission to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research. This is accomplished by providing a range of services in support of all research activities undertaken by faculty, staff, and students at Samford University. Our activities include:
- Providing central research administration from proposal submission, through contract development and negotiation, to project closeout with the services of the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Supporting a culture of ethical research and compliance by providing guidance and oversight in such areas as the protection of human and animal subjects, research integrity, and conflict of interest management.
- Overseeing research policy, including research compliance, guidelines for faculty and student researchers, and other areas.
- Advocating for student research programs and supporting efforts across all colleges and schools.
- Creating opportunities through internal funding that aims to strategically stimulate new endeavors in research programs and scholarly activities.
Samford Professor Selected to Collaborate with Top African American Mathematicians
Math and Computer Science Professor Kwadwo Antwi-Fordjour was recently selected to participate in the 2023 African Diaspora Joint Mathematics Workshop. He will collaborate with the most prestigious mathematicians and statisticians in the nation.
Biochemistry and Spanish Alumna Succeeds in Medical School Following Stint in Faculty-Guided Research Program
Biochemistry and Spanish alumna Hanah Walker '22 graduated from Samford feeling confident that the skills she gained in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry’s faculty-guided research program helped prepare her for a career in medicine.
Chemistry and Math Alumnus One Step Closer to Dream Thanks to Faculty-Guided Research Program
Robert Houston Givhan '22 is one step closer to his dream and he owes it all to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry’s faculty-guided research program.
Chemistry and Biochemistry Alumna Credits Faculty-Guided Research Program for Her Success
Sydney Bottcher '22 credits the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry’s faculty-guided research program for playing an integral role in her success.
Samford Pharmacy Faculty Research Targets Alzheimer’s, Cystic Fibrosis
McWhorter School of Pharmacy faculty members Patricia Jumbo-Lucioni and X. Robert Wang are conducting involves groundbreaking research into the treatment of major diseases that could affect millions of lives across the globe.