The Samford University Office of Research is committed to the highest standards of integrity in fulfilling its mission to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research. This is accomplished by providing a range of services in support of all research activities undertaken by faculty, staff, and students at Samford University. Our activities include:
- Providing central research administration from proposal submission, through contract development and negotiation, to project closeout with the services of the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Supporting a culture of ethical research and compliance by providing guidance and oversight in such areas as the protection of human and animal subjects, research integrity, and conflict of interest management.
- Overseeing research policy, including research compliance, guidelines for faculty and student researchers, and other areas.
- Advocating for student research programs and supporting efforts across all colleges and schools.
- Creating opportunities through internal funding that aims to strategically stimulate new endeavors in research programs and scholarly activities.
Samford Names New Class of John Howard Scholars
Howard Scholars participate in a variety of activities that promote research and interdisciplinary engagement both within the group and throughout Howard College of Arts and Sciences.
Education Faculty to Present at Scottish Educational Research Association Conference
Department of Educational Leadership faculty Peggy Connell, Jodi Newton and Les Ennis have been selected to present original research at the Scottish Educational Research Association 43rd Annual Conference.
New Center for Congregational Resources Initiative Helps Participants Discover Christian Callings
Following a generous grant from Lilly Endowment Inc., Samford University’s Center for Congregational Resources has announced a new initiative designed to help churches identify and interpret individual and corporate calling and giftedness.
Samford Team Reveals More Surprises at Israel Excavation
Samford religion professor James Strange recently returned from the sixth season of excavations he directs at the site of ancient village in Israel, and reported that “the oil-lamp producers of Shikhin continue to surprise.”
School of Education’s GEAR UP Program Selected for National Conference
GEAR UP stands for Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs.