The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) provides comprehensive support to faculty and staff in the administration of externally sponsored programs. One of the priorities of the OSP is to provide Research Development assistance to support faculty in developing a successful research portfolio. Research Development support provides faculty with expert guidance on connecting to potential resources, collaborators, and funding, as well as cultivating relationships with federal, state, and corporate funding agencies.
The office also serves Samford faculty by helping to develop high quality, competitive proposals that lead to success.
The services offered include:
- Contacting federal funding agencies to discuss faculty research interests.
- Strategy to seek funding sources
- Providing access to technical proposal reviews prior to submission.
- Workshops on various topics related to seeking external funding
- Support for development of large, complex proposals or multi-institutional proposals.
- Advising faculty on how to build a successful research program.
- Other support services, as appropriate.
Samford University subscribes to GrantForward as our primary tool to assist faculty in locating funding opportunities. GrantForward uses faculty research interests, publications, and other profile information to recommend the best-fitting grant opportunities. Samford University faculty are encouraged to create a profile using their university e-mail address. Training is available from the Office of Research upon request.
Funding Opportunity Listservs
- NIH Grants and Contracts Weekly Table of Contents
- NSF Funding Opportunities
- Health Resources and Services Administration Opportunities
- H-Net Notifications (Humanities and Social Sciences)
RSS Feeds from Sponsoring Agencies
Copy and paste these links into Outlook under RSS feeds.
Websites for Funding Announcements
Check the following websites often for announcements regarding open opportunities.