The Samford University Parent Advisory Board (PAB) works to support the university’s Christian mission to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith and personhood. Board members have a first-hand understanding of the impact the university has on students and their families. Members seek to strengthen the relationship between the university and the parents of current undergraduate students; encourage relationships within the Samford family; positively represent the university to others; and financially support the university.
Parent Advisory Board members are passionate about supporting Samford University, have a currently enrolled undergraduate student, and serve for one year with the possibility of being asked to serve an additional year.
As a Group
The Parent Advisory Board annually identifies a specific way undergraduate parents can support at least one element of the university’s strategic plan and then leads in the implementation of the plan—emphasizing student success; enhancing the Samford community; extending the university’s reach, or ensuring financial strength.
Parent Advisory Board members annually:
- Attend—PAB members meet in the fall in conjunction with Family Weekend or Homecoming and in the spring in conjunction with Step Sing. Members are asked to attend both meetings.
- Connect—PAB members connect Samford University with individuals and businesses within their sphere of influence as appropriate.
- Give—PAB members make an annual gift to Samford University.
- Host—PAB members help host/attend local university events such as Send Off Parties, Prospective Student Events, and local parent gatherings.
- Learn—PAB members become deeply familiar with Samford University so they can share accurate information with others.
- Listen—PAB members help the university know of and understand trends, concerns, and support held by the parents of undergraduate students.
- Pray—PAB members pray regularly for Samford University, the fulfillment of its mission and the people within the university family.
- Support—PAB members are the core support for the Samford Parents Association and its officers.
- Volunteer—PAB members volunteer to partner with and support the efforts of the Office of Parent and Family Programs in a variety of capacities.